Monday, June 24, 2013

First Week in The MTC

Hola familia y amigos!!!!
 
The MTC is the greatest thing ever! These past few days have been hard, but the spirit here is just amazing. My companion, Hermana Lone, is the sweetest girl ever and we get along SO well. She has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago North mission and she is picking up Spanish SO quickly. Heavenly Father knew I was going to need someone so strong and nice to help me get used to the mission life.
 
This week has been a very exciting one at the MTC because all the new mission presidents have been here training before they go out in the field. All missionaries going to a mission with a new president got to meet them, so I got to meet my president!!!!!! I'm actually the only missionary in the MTC going to my mission so it was just President Choi, his wife, and I in the meeting. They are the most amazing people and it was really awesome to get to know them. President Choi is a member of the first quorum of the seventy, so he is definitely a spiritual giant.
 
Speaking of spiritual giants, Sunday was the most amazing day in the MTC. The entire First Presidency and 11 of the apostles in the Quorum of the Twelve were on the MTC campus and the spirit here was incomparable to anything I have ever felt before. And of course the Worldwide Leadership Broadcast was phenomenal! The spirit there was so strong and it was so exciting for us missionaries! The hastening of the work is such a blessing and i am so blessed to be a missionary at this time.
 
As for my Spanish, it's coming along fine. I'm not master but I feel okay so far. I can say prayers and bear my testimony in Spanish, so I'm happy about that. Our second day here we had to teach our first discussion IN SPANISH!!! ahhh!! So for my embarrassing moment for the week: We get to the door for our investigator and he opens the door and then we introduce ourselves. Keep in mind my Spanish is still not very strong, so I go on the tell him, in Spanish, that we are missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of the Saints of the United States. Whoops. Hermana Lone and I laughed about it for so long after our appointment was over.
 
On a happy note, I am officially in the best district in the entire MTC! 4 of our missionaries are going to Boise and the other 3 of us are going to Seattle (obviously), Chile, and Canada. We all work really well together and focus and make goals to help us grow in both our testimonies and the language. Grandma and Grandpa Pier will be happy to know we all have our missionary purpose memorized not only in English but also in Spanish.
 
I just am so grateful for this gospel and the spirit I feel here. Thanks to everyone who has written me, it is seriously the highlight of our days when we check the mail and there are letters from home. To those of you who haven't, GET ON IT!!! Just kidding, but not really.  dearelder.com it up! Love you all!
 
-Hermana Pier





No comments:

Post a Comment