Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Week 4 In Seattle!!

Let's start out with my 3 favorite things about my mission:
 
1. Feeling the spirit all the time
2. Teaching people in the best language ever (Spanish of course)
3. Seeing peoples attitudes change completely as they feel the spirit
 
Okay, those may not be my favorite three things but there's too many amazing things to actually decide.
 
This week was a good week. We were able to meet a lot of people and teach a lot of lessons. We also got to give a church tour. Can I just, I love church tours! It gives us an opportunity to show our investigators the church so they can understand a little about what church will be like when they come on Sunday and the spirit is always VERY strong in the church.
 
Other than that it was a pretty normal week. We have a lot of investigators that we meet with regularly and that are amazing, now we just need to help them to progress and keep commitments. We have seen a lot of hearts being softened and know that we're going to continue to see miracles.

This week during my studies I was reading a talk about becoming the "4th missionary". Basically, what being this 4th missionary entails is being changed be your mission, giving up your will for the Lords and working with all diligence, out of love. Not for numbers or to impress leaders, but truly because you love the people and want them to feel the incomprehensible love that their Heavenly Father has for them. It really made me think about what should be the motivating force for what we do, not just in missionary work but in every day life. In the talk it asks the question, "Who are you? And who are you becoming?" I've been trying to ask myself that every day now. Am I becoming better every day? Am I developing more of the attributes of Christ? So, this is what I challenge you all to do! We're so so lucky that we have the opportunity to become better, but a lot of the time it's so much easier to stay dormant. So, this week ask yourself everyday, "Who am I? And who am I becoming?" I've been amazed to see that as I have done this, I can see both my strengths and weakness and use then to become better. And  I know we can go to our Heavenly Father, receive his guidance, and then ACT!
 
Les quiero!!!!! Gracias por su apoyo y amor!!!
 
Con Amor,
 
Hermana Pier



Our Apartment

Me and Sister Larson

Scripture cases a member gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment