Monday, March 31, 2014

April Fools Lies...

 Welp, this was a good week. I got an email today that my best friend was engaged. SAY WHAT?! After having a freak out moment in the library I found out that was a lie. Goodness. Hahah April fools... I should have known better than falling for that. Welp, I've been sick but we still went out so it was all good. This week not too many big things happened but it was just a lot of little daily miracles that made is such an amazing week. So, I'm sorry this will be short again but I just want to tell one little tale.

 One of the things that has been amazing is the Giles family. They are still active and have made the temple their next goal. One of Petra's daughters, who is also a less active, is grown up and has her own family and has a 9 year old daughter, Arleth, who still hasn't been baptized. Arleth has came to church the last 4 weeks with her grandma and really likes it so we've been trying to get in the see her mom to get permission to teach her. And she is NEVER home. But this week we were finally able to get in and talk to her. :) Also about 3 minutes after we got there we heard a knock at the door and in walks another less active family that we have been trying to visit forever. It was perfect!


ANYWAYS, one last thing actually. I love the Seahurst Branch yesterday at Sunday we had a super amazing, spiritually strong testimony meeting. A lot of the youth bore their testimonies and there were a lot of tears. A heard some of the most sincere testimonies ever and then 2 of the youth started their mission papers!!!!! We also had a big combined meeting on missionary work for the third hour meeting and it was great. The entire branch is stepping it up and they are growing a lot. I see a huge difference in them even thinking back 5 months ago when i started here. I love it! 

Transfers are next week and I'll probably be leaving this area sadly but I love being a missionary. Go out and share the Gospel with your friends, I promise you, you will NEVER regret it.  

"It is impossible for us to fail when we do our best when we are on the Lord’s errand."—M. Russell Ballard

Con Amor,

Hermana McKay Pier

No comments:

Post a Comment