Monday, April 7, 2014

Transfers...


Transfers... dun dun dun. I was absolutely positive that I was being transferred. Firstly, I'd been in Seahurst forever and also I just love it way too much there. So on Friday I started packing my bags. Transfers calls came last night and... I am staying another transfer. WHAT?! Heavenly Father must really love me a lot. Hermana Phillips was transferred and my new companion is Hermana Boley. She's adorable and I'm really excited to serve with her. So I found out that I was staying and thought to myself, "Dang it! Now I have to unpack." Buuuut we found out we were going to being moving apartments and had to clear everything out. :) Thankfully because I was packed it's made the process a bit easier. Also, they closed the area of the Elders serving in our Branch so it's now just us. We are going to be taking over all of their investigators and people they've been working with. So... our prayers to find a bunch of new investigators worked I guess? Haha hopefully that area gets opened back up again soon. It'll be great though.

This week was interesting. Hermana Phillips sprained her ankle. (photo attached) Hahah. The story is great. She's going to kill me when she reads this one day. So we were at the stake center waiting for general conference to start on Sunday and all the missionaries were in the gym taking pictures and she decided to jump up behind some sisters to photo bomb their pictures. She slipped, fell, and went flailing. We started laughing so hard.. until we realized she was actually hurt :( The doc says that she shouldn't be walking on much and gave her this boot thing.

Speaking of General Conference, wasn't it just amazing?! It was broadcast to us and we got to watch all of the sessions. Something that really hit me was the need for us as members of the church to take a stand for our beliefs. Just as God is hastening his work, so is Satan. We can't be fench sitters anymore. We have to choice which team we want to play for and gear up. And do you want to know the best part? If we choose the Lord's team, there is absolutely no way we can lose. My goal this transfer is to play for the Lord's team always and let nothing stop me from playing with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. I invite all of you to look to look at your life and see if there's anything keeping you from playing. Sometimes Satan makes us too busy with other things or he makes the things like daily scripture study and prayer seem little but really if we can dedicate our lives 100% to the Lord we can complete the work He needs us to.

I love you all so much. Feel free to write me some letters :)

Con Amor,

Hermana Pier











No comments:

Post a Comment