Monday, April 28, 2014

Fiesta Time!

Hey hey y'all this was a great old week. I think I legitimately begin every email that way but that's okay because it's the truth :) This week I realized that my time on my mission is going by too fast. So, it was time for me to step up and be more bold with everyone that I came into contact with. To testify to everyone that I meet of the truth of the Gospel and to NEVER apologize for what I believe! And I have had one of the best, happiest weeks of my mission. 

Here in Seattle we meet a lot of people from different places from around the world with different religious beliefs. Every day we come in contact was Catholics, Seventh Day Adventists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Muslims, Christians, and every other religion under the sun. It's great because I have learned a lot about what other people believe and been able to see how many similarities there are between what we believe. I used to try to just bring up this similarities we have with people. To help them see that we are a lot like them... but this week I realized that it really is some of those differences that we have that sets The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints apart from other churches. I have testified to everyone I saw of the message of the Restoration. I have made sure that everyone I meet knows that I know that Jesus Christ is the son of God and that it's only through Him that we can return to our Heavenly Father and live with our families forever. As I have done this I have seen a difference in the responses of the people. I was worried people would be offended and mean but actually everyone was respectful and we were able to find a lot of new potential investigators. No one can tell you your sincere testimony is false.

Other than that not too much happened this week. We had a giant party in the church to help las mujeres jovenes earn money for Girl's camp and it went so well. They had food from a bunch of Hispanic Countries and a pinata and singing and everything I was pretty sure i was in Mexico hahaha it was great. We had a family of investigators come and basically every less active in the branch as well so that was awesome. We're just trying to figure out how to get their attendance to translate to church on Sunday! 

Other than that it was just a normal week. We worked really hard and had great time. I LOVE Hermana Boley and am learning lots from her. We had 2 people at church this week and also accidentally joined a bible study group from random church. They tried to teach us about how we weren't in the truth. It was funny and we invited them to learn more and left mormon.org cards before making an excuse to leave. Awk. 

Hope you all have a great week! 

Love,

Hermana Pier 







No comments:

Post a Comment