Monday, May 12, 2014

I <3 Missions!

Overall I'd have to say that this week was pretty solid.

Miracle 1-
The Vasquez Family! We went to stop by their house this week and Marlene, the 10 year old daughter, got so excited and told us that she was working on the "Faith in God for Girls"!  Which is a program that the church has for the primary so that they can learn the scriptures, how to grow in their faith, etc. She's been going over the their fellowship families house and working on it with them. So Sick! She told us that one of the things it says to do is to share the story of Joseph Smith as a thought during a Family Home Evening so she wanted to do it. She asked us if we could invite the Nunez Family (their fellowship) over and come do an FHE with them this week so she could teach about Joseph Smith. Uhhh... CAN DO! So that will be happening tomorrow. Other exciting things happening with the Vasquez Family:
They came to the Mother's Day Party our branch had on Friday and the parents both came to church on Sunday :) The best part is that Hermano Vasquez, Sergio, was never super interested in learning but he said that he just really felt a strong desire to go to church that day. The branch was amazing and really made them feel so loved and welcome.
 
Miracle 2-
The Giles Family, the less active family I always talk about, had an amazing miracle... Oscar, their 14 year old son received the priesthood yesterday! I've never been so excited. It makes me really happy to know that they now have the priesthood in their home <3

Miracle 3-
We got out of the ditch that Hermana Boley drove us into hahaha. Basically the roads are really skinny here. And as missionaries every time the driver backs up the other missionary has to go behind the car and help back them up so that they don't hit anything. Which is all fine and dandy except missionaries don't want to make their companions get out so they do EVERYTHING possible to not have to back up. Well, we were going to visit a ref and we realized that we passed the address and needed to turn around. As we turned, on the side of the road there was a patch of weeds and grass growing so she went to drive on it, thinking she could make it just fine. But... that grass was actually very long and covering a ditch. So in we went and our back wheel was like 2 feet off the ground. Some construction workers came to try to help us but said that it was a lost cause and that we should just call a tow truck. So we got in the car to call our vehicle coordinator and right then this guy pulls out of his driveway, sees us, and stops to help. He was just this little man and he's all like, "Ok, let's lift the car out of the hole." So Hermana Boley gets in the car and puts it in reverse and this man and I are in the ditch trying apparently going to lift it out and somehow it worked. MIRACLES! Hahahah I thought it was the funniest thing I had ever seen.
 
Miracle 4- 
We had 5 investigators at church yesterday with was so great. especially because 11:00 rolled around and NO ONE was there. We were really worried but just a few minutes later they all started filing in. 
Sunday really was just great! Best birthday ever. Firstly I got to talk to all my families. (and Josi and Taylor Ann) :) Me hizo muy feliz. Family is literally the best thing in the world. And then I got to watch the video that Josi put together for my birthday. oh my it was the best present I've ever received. It made me so dang happy.  Thanks so so so so so so much Josi. You're the best <3
After the skype calls we went to a member dinner and it was their 7 year old daughters birthday as well. They sang to us both and cut Dafne was so excited that we had the same birthday. And then last night while we were planning there was a knock on the door and the 4 elders who live in our complex were there and sang me happy birthday and gave me some treats.
 
To end I just wanted to put a fun little poem that was hanging in one of our members homes. I love it!

The Difference:
I got up early one morning and rushed right into the day:
I had so much to accomplish that I didn't have time to pray. 
Problems just tumbled about me and heavier each task.
"Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered. He answered, "You didn't ask."
I wanted to see joy and beauty, but the day toiled on, gray and bleak:
I wondered why God didn't show me. He said, "But you didn't seek."
I tried to come into God's presence" I used all the keys at the lock. 
God gently and lovingly chided, "My child, you didn't knock."
I woke up early this morning, and paused before entering my day.
I had so much to accomplish, that I had to make time to pray.

Pray really is so powerful and I know that God ALWAYS is listening and wants to hear from us. 

Con Amor, 

Hermana Pier








No comments:

Post a Comment