Monday, May 26, 2014

Faith Brings...Miracles

T'was a wonderful first week in Shoreline. I really like it here. The area is pretty similar to Seahurst and I know I will LOVE it here. The branch is quite a bit smaller here with about 30 active members but they are all super magnificant and seem pretty mission minded and willing to help us out. I again won't be able to write too much this week because we're at the family history library to email but I will try to tell you all a little about what's going on with our investigators a little bit. 

So firstly, Berenice. She's great! She is a referral from a member, Hermana Black. They are best friends and Berenice decided that she would be interested in meeting with the missionaries. They met with her once and she came to church once before I got here and we were able to meet with them this week as well. We taught her about the Plan of Salvation and it went really well. She had read the pamphlet on it and understood it all. Her and Hna. Black talk about gospel topics all the time and she is sincerely interested in knowing if the church is true. She said that she has been praying to know if it's true and doesn't know that she's received an answer yet, but that she knows that it will come. She said that since she met us a bunch of people have came to her randomly and tried to talk to her about other churches and it's always right after she feels like she's received an answer. We told her the Satan is going to work really hard against her right now because he doesn't want her to be happy. She liked the idea of reading from the Book of Mormon or praying every time one of those doubts came to min. She has a baptismal date of June 13th so please pray for her that she can receive an answer and be prepared for baptism on that date.

Another one of our great investigators is Alejandro. He's been to church the past three weeks now and has a ton of potential. He just gets too focused on the information part and not about receiving answers from God. So please keep him in your prayers as well.

I love serving with Hermana Norton. Things are going great. One thing that I have studied this week is having the faith to see MIRACLES! I feel like I started my mission with so much FAITH! Everyone I met was already basically in the baptismal font from my point of view. But as I saw all the people NOT progress, slowly I started to doubt in people. Sometimes I would teach certain people with the attitude that they probably wouldn't accept the gospel. How horrible is that?! So I read the best scripture the other day it's Alma 37:40. It's talking about the Liahona and the miracles that Lehi's family were able to see because their great faith and obedience. 

 40 And it did work for them according to their faith in God;therefore, if they had faith to believe that God could cause that those spindles should point the way they should go, behold, it was done; therefore they had this miracle, and also many other miracles wrought by the power of God, day by day.

It hit me that if I have the faith for their to be miracles here AND I do my part to work hard, I WILL see miracles. And it's the same way in ALL of our lives. We will see those daily miracles that we never even expected were possible. 

I love being a missionary here in the Washington Seattle Mission. Aka ZION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment