Monday, June 2, 2014

"Do you have the Faith to..?

This week I learned a whole bunch. We got a call from our sister training leaders leaders at the beginning of this week and they posed to us the question, "Do you Hermanas have the faith that you could baptize weekly? That God will put the people in your path that are ready to be baptized?" And so it make us really think, these are God's children and He loves them SO SO much. Of course if we had the faith to baptize and we worked than it was possible. They challenged us to come up with a scripture that would motivate us to work hard and to know that these high expectations are possible. I chose Alma 37:6-7. It says,


 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances dothconfound the wise.

 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of MANYsouls.

I love it because in the context the scriptures not about missionary work but it applies so well. We can be the means of bringing MANY souls unto Christ. So Hermana Norton and I decided that we were going to have a baptism that weekend. We decided to focus ourselves even more so on our purpose and to work diligently and faithfully to make that happen. Well... in the end we didn't baptize someone BUT we saw so many miracles. 

Starting with Berenice. I just love her so much. She's doing fabulously. We had a few lessons with her this week and she's more sure than ever about being baptized. We also got to go over and do a few hours of service for her to help clean our her house to make room for the new baby that she'll be having in January. It was great because we got a chance to know her a little better. On Sunday she was participating a lot in all of the classes and the branch just loves her. And then that night she came to the New Member Fireside and got to listen to the stories and testimonies of the recent converts. It was so great. The spirit was so strong and she really felt it. I LOVE HER! She should be getting baptized the 13th so please please pray for her to stay strong. 
Another miracles from the new member fireside was our investigator Cesar. He was a former who had been dropped after coming to church 3 times and having all the lessons because he didn't have any desire to be baptized. But we felt like we should try him again this week so we invited him to come to church and he came. He decided he wanted to come to the fireside as well and as I said earlier, the spirit was very strong! So he came up to us at the end and said, "Hermanas, baptism is really necessary huh?" So of course we said YES! And he was put on date to be baptized on June 26th.
And the last people that could use some prays are Neli and Melissa. They are another member referral that we got this week. We taught them a lesson with the member and they seem super excited and want to know more. They committed to being baptized on June 28th. They are 20 and 14 so we really want to get their parents involved as well. 
One more thing that I have loved this week was a goal that Hermana Norton and I have set to memorize 'The Living Christ' or I guess 'El Cristo Viviente' because we're going it in Spanish but it really has made a huge difference even though we only have the first few paragraphs done. It's amazing how it helps me to focus my actions and my thoughts on him. I obviously haven't gotten this far in memorizing yet but I love the last paragraph the best. It says,  
"We bear testimony, as His duly ordained Apostles—that Jesus is the Living Christ, the immortal Son of God. He is the great King Immanuel, who stands today on the right hand of His Father. He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come. God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son."
I know that Christ loves each one of us personally, with every defect or fault that we have He loves us. I know that that knowledge helps me to want to make him proud. So live a life that would make Him know that I love Him too. 
Well have the best week ever. I love you all and I love being a missionary.
Con Amor, 

No comments:

Post a Comment