Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I love to see the temple

This week was absolutely wonderful. It's weeks like this that I wonder if life will ever be as good as it has been on my mission. I love it here. To start off Berenice was baptized. It went so well and was a beautiful baptismal service. Lots of people came and made Bere feel like part of the family. Her husband, Kreg, came and he definitely felt the spirit a lot. Also, she met with the branch president on Sunday after church and got a temple recommend and is going to the temple to do baptisms with the branch tonight. I'm so happy for her. She is so receptive to the spirit and really understands the doctrine as if she'd been a member for years. God has definitely been working in her life for years. 

As for the temple today the mission was able to go to the temple. It was so amazing and very needed since we haven't gone in 6 months. It's amazing the peace that is felt there. It's unlike any other place in the world; it truly is the house of the Lord. I love that every single time I go I am able to clean my mind a little and see a piece of what God sees in all of us as His children.

Also, MIRACLES! So at the baptism a potential investigator showed up. We had invited him over a week before and hadn't checked up or reminded him or anything. Unluckily he was a half hour late and missed the actual baptism. But he felt so bad and was sad he missed it. He didn't want to stay for the food after that all the branch members brought. (We made arroz con leche. So good). But the branch took him under their weeks and took over. He got to know a bunch of people and even came to church the next day. YAY!

Also this Sunday was a new member fireside and we took a few people to it. And guess who was there?! Marco, my first baptism of my mission. Oh my goodness I don't know if I've ever been so happy in my life. I got to talk to him for a while after and it was the greatest. He is doing so well, has the Melquisedec Priesthood, and is preparing to enter the temple this October, exactly a year after his baptism. I'm so proud of him. He truly let the Gospel on Jesus Christ guide him and is one of the greatest people I've ever met. I'm so excited to be there in the temple with him that day and see the happiness and joy it brings him. I remember walking around the temple grounds with him last October and him asking why we were so happy. And if it was the temple that helped us be that way. I know that this gospel brings true and lasting happiness. We can return to our Heavenly Father's presence with our families by our side. How amazing is that?
Con muchisisisisimo amor,
Hermana Pier
Pics


us and marco. Note the beautiful photo bombing


bere's baptism


Us getting frozen yogurt to celebrate my one year mark. I wore the same outfit I wore the day I ended the MTC haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment