Tuesday, September 23, 2014

"Did you turn the font off?"

This was a marvelous week! Firstly I have to send out a shout out to my sister Taylor and her hubby Travis. They were married last weekend and I'm really excited for them. The wedding was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

I am going to skip right to the best part of the week, Jesus and Ciriana were baptized. <3 It was one of the most beautiful, spiritual baptisms that I have ever attended. But to start off we had quite the adventure. Our ward mission leader, the Elders in our ward (the zone leaders), and us were waiting in the foyer for the Neri family to get there when the ward mission leader, Brother Fraser, says, "Did you turn the font off?" The Elders locked eyes with looks of terror and bolted toward the font room. We all ran after to see that the font had overflowed. We spent the next half hour taking water out by the buckets and trying to dry the carpet. I think it's safe to say we'll be the ones filling the font next time. The service was great though and so many people came to support them. We had the program in the chapel and it was so full it seemed like a sacrament meeting. After the baptism we did church tours and each auxiliary was there explaining what they do. 

Sunday we had a New member or Member and missionary fireside and it was so great. Jessica, a recent convert in the ward bore her testimony and I got to translate it for her. It's amazing to get so many recent converts with such powerful testimonies together and to feel the amazing spirit that they bring. It makes me remember my own testimony and how much this gospel means to me. 

With transfers Hermana Wrubell and I are staying here in May Valley together. We are excited for another transfer full of miracles. 

Con Amor,
Hermana Pier


                                the neris



                                                         our district


                                 Naomi neri, the cutest most sweet girl in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment