Monday, October 13, 2014

Light!

Sorry sorry sorry I haven't written in forever, life has been getting crazy. Missions consist of so much to do and sometimes there doesn't seem to be enough time to do it all. But this week was a really good week. We had Zone Conference and received really great revelation and guidance on ways to continue improving our areas. 

One great miracle was a family that we met! They're so great. We were leaving from knocking a complex when we saw them getting into their cars. We pulled to car over and started to talk to them and were able to set up a lesson. When we taught them about the restoration they LOVED it! Cecilia, the mother, thought it was beautiful and said she wanted to know if it was true and to prepare to be baptized! They weren't able to make it to church on Sunday but we are going over with a member tomorrow and hope to get them to the ward Halloween Party this week. 

One really amazing tender mercy happened on exchanges this week. A member called us up and invited us to the Relief Society craft night, "Fabulous Friday". She said that she had an investigator of the Elders coming and that if it were possible she's like us to go and meet them. So of course we went and met her and talked for a minute. Another member came up to us and said that they were doing a project of sewing stockings for little kids who weren't going to get a Christmas and that a non member from Peru had shown up to help out. We then got to go talk to her and get to know her and found out about some hard times she's passing through. We were able to teach her a bit about our beliefs and give her a Book of Mormon and share our testimonies of the peace and happiness it brings us. She was so sweet but not interested in us sending the missionaries in her area to visit her. The next day in Sacrament Meeting the member who had introduced us to her bore her testimony and shared the story she also said that after we left she got the chance to talk to Gabriela more and Gabriela kept saying, "Those Sisters were just wonderful. It was so strange, the whole time I talked to them, I felt peace. All the things that have been stressing me out seemed to just leave my mind for the first time." It was a really great experience to one again see the Lord use us to bless the life of one of his children that needed Him. He truly does love us so much. 

This week was a somewhat difficult one in the ward because a missionary that was preparing to leave in a few weeks has decided not to serve a mission. Not only that he has decided that the church is not true and that he doesn't have any desires to be a part of it. This has been hard for his family, the youth, the leadership, and just the ward as a whole. The young man searched out ways that other use to say the church is not true and let Satan step into his life. Instead of going to the Lord he decided to rely on the wisdom of men and it's led him to a dark place. The reason I am sharing this though is because of the way that the amazing members each used it as a time to strengthen their personal testimonies of the Savior and of his church. This Sunday we had the most beautiful testimony meeting as members bore sincere testimonies that there is a God. He loves us and he's there. The younger sister of this young man bore her testimony. She said that she went to her knees CONSTANTLY this week and asked God if it was true. She received answers and helped each of us see the pattern to knowing truth. 

I just wanted to put a little excerpt from President Uchtdorf's conference talked that really shows us how we can receive light. 

Is it possible to find truth?
The purpose of my remarks is to proclaim the joyful message that God Himself—the Lord of Hosts who knows all truth—has given His children the promise that they can know truth for themselves.Please consider the magnitude of this promise:
The Everlasting and Almighty God, the Creator of this vast universe, will speak to those who approach Him with a sincere heart and real intent...
 I suggest that this personal testimony of the gospel and the Church is the most important thing you can earn in this life. It will not only bless and guide you during this life, but it will also have a direct bearing on your life throughout eternity.I testify that this is true. If you seek God’s truth, that which now may appear dim, out of focus, and distant will gradually be revealed and clarified and become close to your heart by the light of God’s grace. Glorious spiritual vistas, unimaginable to the human eye, will be revealed to you.
It is my testimony that this spiritual light is within the reach of every child of God. It will enlighten your mind and bring healing to your heart and joy to your days. My dear friends, please do not delay the moment to seek and strengthen your own personal testimony of God’s divine work, even the work of light and truth.

I want to add my testimony to that of President Uchtsdorf. I KNOW that this church is true. I know that God lives. I know that we have the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ today on the earth. I know this because I have put it to the test. I have asked my Heavenly Father and He has answered me. I know because of the true happiness is brings me. When I follow the example of my Savior, I can't help but smile all the time. I invite each of you (no matter how many times you've done it) So go to your Heavenly Father and ask him if the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints truly is THE church of Jesus Christ. I promise that as you do it with a sincere heart you will receive answers. 

Con Amor,
Hermana Pier

No comments:

Post a Comment