Monday, August 19, 2013

It's already been 2 months? WHAT?!

It was another beautiful Washington week! If you were to go outside and see how pretty it is where you are, and then multiply that by about 32,000, you almost would be able to imagine how beautiful it is here. I have fallen in love with North Bend and this area. There is one thing that people forgot to mention to me though, the fact that there are spiders EVERYWHERE! I think I have seen more spiders and bugs in the last three weeks then I have in my entire life. Seriously ever! My fear of bugs may or may not have resulted in my flinging a handful of chips all over the dining room this week. No worries, it ended up just being a burnt chip! All is well!
 
This week I really have realized why I'm here serving a mission, I will get to that... After a few stories!
 
Well firstly, we had Zone Conference this week and it was AMAZING! President Choi is the best. EVER! He's challenged us to sing all the time, "Have fun with the spirit!", and "If you don't like something, like it!". Welp, I'll be completely honest, knocking doors was not my favorite thing. One day, we had just had another door slammed in our face when President Choi voice popped into my head saying "If you don't like it, Like it!". So I decided to like it. And I started singing,

"Knock, Knock, Knock!
I love to knock!
I love to knock on doors,
Knock, Knock, knock!"

We just started laughing and it really made it so much better. And every time we have hard times tracting, we start to sing that silly song! And now I realized it's all about my attitude. Someone who is really ready for our message could be waiting behind one of those doors. We do find people who have desires to come closer to Christ and it's amazing!
 
The second blessing this week was Marco. He just continues to amaze me with the love he has for his Heavenly Father and for his desire to know him more. He meets with us and he has studied the scriptures so much and is praying all the time and he honestly is an amazing example to me. There was one experience that really stuck out to me. We were talking to him and a scripture from the Book of Mormon popped into my head and I thought, "Oh that would be a really great scripture to share with him." So I opened to it and then saw that Hermana Enos had opened to the same scripture, so obviously it was a very important scripture to share with him. We were about to talk to him about it when he says, "I remember reading a scripture the other day and what were talking about really reminds me of it." And went on to quote the exact scripture we both had open! WHAT! Let's just say he is a spiritual giant. For being a short little guy (He's like 5') he sure does have a lot of spiritual strength.
 
Okay, so back to what I really realized this week about serving. I was reading my Book of Mormon and was in Mosiah when King Benjamin is talking to his people and something really stuck out to me. In chapter 5 is says that there is no other name that salvation comes through except for through Jesus Christ. It then says we need to know the name by which we are called and know the voice by which we are called. And then verse 13 says, " For how knoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?" This really made me think about how important Christ is in my life, and what he means to me. Since being out here, I'm growing to more fully appreciate my Savior and everything he has done for me. I'm starting to better understand the importance of Christlike love and service. I think we'd all love to be able to stand before our Savior some day and truly KNOW him. Not just know facts about him but to have felt ourselves change through his atonement and help others as his did. And I know that it's possible if we put the Lord first in our lives.
 
Y'all have the best weeks ever!!! Look for chances to serve others and be great examples! Thank you for your letters and what not. You are the best!!!!!! Les quiero!
 
Con Amor,
 
Hermana Pier

No comments:

Post a Comment