Monday, October 14, 2013

Week 11!

This week was just fantastic!!!!!!!!! To start off let's talk about Marco! His baptism is this Saturday and he so so excited. He has invited his friends and family and it's going to be a really amazing experience. Also, HE FINISHED THE BOOK OF MORMON! Yay! He has started reading it again and has a very strong testimony of it. He also brought his daughter to a lesson with him and we got to give her a tour of the church and talk to her a little about her dad's choice to be baptized.
 
One of the most amazing miracles happened this week! We were having a lesson with one of our investigators Tina and she was telling us how she feels good at church and when we're over but when she says her personal prayers she doesn't feel anything. She was stressed because her son hadn't talked to them or came home in a month and she didn't know what to do. It was cool because in our zone meeting this week we had focused all on prayer and how to help investigators say prayers and receive answers so we were able to use some of the things we'd learned. But the amazing thing was we all got down to say a kneeling prayer and she was nervous so we decided to each say one and she could go last. Hermana Phillips and I went second and we both prayed for her, that she could learn to recognize the spirit, that her family could grow closer and that things would work out with them, and things like that. Well, literally the second I said "Amen" The front door opened up and in walked her son! He walked back to his room and she just started bawling. It's amazing to see that God remembers all of his children and truly does answer prayers.
 
One scary moment this week was that Hermana Phillips had to go to Leadership Training this week and so another missionary came to our area to go out with me. The thing was, she speaks English and Russian!!! Sooo... I was so scared about not being able to communicate perfectly with the people by myself in Spanish. Luckily, through LOTS and LOTS of praying, I was able to communicate and teach all of our lessons by myself. Sometimes it's scary trying to speak another language but I've seen the miracles as I've been learning Spanish and am growing everyday!
 
Now for the moment this week that I hope won't happen EVER again!!!
 
As you may have realized, I have this problem called "I fall down a lot". Last night we were walking out of our last appointment for the night and it was pitch black. We got a text from a member, and I was about to answer when I thought to myself, "It's really dark I should really wait and answer when we get to the car." Probably 5 steps later I ran into the sidewalk and went flying forward yelling and face planted it. Well, my hands caught me and got a wee bit torn up and bloody but all is well. I also may have broken my toe seeing as it's all swollen and bruised, who knows? But I learned my lesson and will be putting a flashlight in my bag pronto!
 
Also we lost an investigator this week because in his words I "robbed all of him when he saw me." He texts us all the time and says how much he loves me. Yikes. I maybe said 4 words to him total. Ay Ay Ay muchachos these days!!!! Hahaha
 
This is a quote from General Conference that I thought was really beautiful and something that really stuck out to me!- "We are simply asking all members to pray, knowing that if every member, young and old, will reach out to just “one” between now and Christmas, millions will feel the love of the Lord Jesus Christ. And what a wonderful gift to the Savior." So I want to challenge all of you to take Elder Ballard's advice and pray and seek for an opportunity to help someone around you feel the love of Christ.
 
Les Quiero!
 
Con Amor,
 
Hermana Pier



 I got my great halloween package from my Mommy! We loved the vampire teeth!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment