Monday, July 28, 2014

Live Happy!

Good things are happening here in Aurora! To start off, Nelly and Melissa! Please pray for them! They're the greatest girls ever and I just know that they're going to accept the gospel soon! We had a lesson with them this week and we felt like we should focus on the Holy Ghost and the blessing it is in our lives. It was a really powerful lesson and the spirit was definitely testifying to them. One really cool thing happened when Melissa told us about a lesson we had a couple weeks ago when Ashley, this amazing returned missionary, came with us and we read "Your Happily Ever After" by President Uchtdorf. She said that while we were sitting there all these memories from her past came flooding back to her and her families move and different problems and then all the sudden she just got this feeling of peace and sense, she feel like all those things had happened and had lead them to being at the point so that she could be there and have met us. Cool huh? They're praying about a baptismal date and are just the most wonderful people ever. I LOVE THEM!

This week we had another lesson with Iosep, the man that was in the really bad car accident, that was really great. It's interesting to teach him because we have to teach super simply, but the spirit is always so strong. The thing that I learned the most during that lesson was from something that he said right before we left. I asked him if there was anything we could do for him and he answered, "Live happy." It made me really think because if anyone had a good reason to complain about not having a fair life, it would be him. But he's just so happy all the time and tries to always help others to feel the same way. It made me think about times when I'm grumpy over the silliest things. I want to extend to save invitation to you all, live happy! 

This week I was at the church during lunch one day practicing the hymns for church on Sunday and one of the songs was, "Where can I turn for peace?" I was playing it over and over again but could not stop messing up. I was frustrated because I've played it a million times before and it's not even hard and I think I just got worse and worse each time through. And then I thought to myself "Hey, I know where I can turn for peace! I need to say a prayer!" So I did and then I just paused for a second and just felt peaceful. I started playing again and could play it perfectly. It was kind of a silly tender mercy of the Lord, but it really helped me remember 2 things. 1. Prayer brings peace. Always. 2. God loves us and wants to help us. Even with silly things like being frustrating about not being able to play a song. 

Things really are so great though. We were able to get 3 people to church and have lots of potential in our area. We just need to get the people progressing more. So please pray for us that we can get more people coming to church and keeping commitments. I love being a missionary and I love this gospel so much. I know the God truly is our Heavenly Father and He LOVES us. So much! Don't ever forget that! You have a father in heaven that loves you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Con Amor,
Hermana Pier

Pics- 


us, bere, and maria


Us and Hermana Jeronimo

No comments:

Post a Comment