Monday, July 22, 2013

MTC Week 5

Hola!
 
I have one week left in the MTC! What?! Not possible! We got our travel plans on Friday and it was the best day ever! I leave next Tuesday morning at 4:30 am to head to the airport but my actual flight's at 8:30. It's so crazy that it's finally here, I'm actually going to be in Seattle serving. WOW! As excited as I am to leave, we're all really struggling when we think about it.  Hermanas Lone, Broberg, and I get along so well, like we've been friends for year. That's okay though, 17 months and we'll all be in Provo!
 
This week we had to say goodbye to our amazing teacher Hermano Monroe. He is leaving to be a teacher at the MTC in Mexico. :( We're all really sad because he was the best teacher. His fake "investigator" Gregorio helped us go so much when we were here. After our last lesson with him the other night he talked to each of us individually and we got to talk about our experience here. We had so many spiritual experiences with him so it was cool to talk to him. As we talked about how certain things we'd helped the spirit convey had helped him a ton in real life. And some of the things he'd felt prompted to say were exactly the things that we needed and that had changed us the most. We really realized just how much God's hand is in our lives.
 
Another thing that really helped me grow this week was a little journal I started. When I was in high school I started this thing where I had pages in the back of my journal where I would write about when I saw God's hand in my life. I don't know why I didn't think of it until now but I got a package from my Mommy (thanks Mom) with these cute little mini journals I decided to start a tender mercies of the Lord journal. Since doing this and recording all the miracles in my life I see the Lord in my life so often. I challenge you all to start looking for the tender mercies in your own life and I promise you'll notice how often the Lord truly is with us.
 
Last week I told you that our district was dropping like flies and my time finally came this week. DUN DUN DUN! Okay not really but I had some very embarrassing moments. Firstly, one day when we were playing four square (I'm kind of a pro) I completely biffed it and killed my knee. I know, playing four square of all things. I have a really cool battle wound but the only problem is that we kneel and pray a lot so it's a bit of a struggle at times. Embarrassing moment #2. So since our teacher is leaving, our new teacher, Brother Hopoate (He knows Devan). came to observe our class a few times. Well his first time there the teacher told us to grab our Preach My Gospel books and I couldn't find mine. So, I got out of my desk and searched for it while everyone just waited for me. I finally found it and stood up to go sit in my desk and guess what?! I slipped on one of my church pamphlets. So basically my life is just an embarrassing struggle.
 
I love you all and thank you for the letters, packages, and emails. I appreciate them so much. Sorry if I don't get to all the emails very fast. I don't have very much computer time.
 
-Hermana Pier
 
Ps Happy Birthday this week to my Mommy and my Grandma Pier. I love you both so much!


 

 
 

Travel Plans !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment