Monday, July 29, 2013

MTC Week 6

Well I officially have less than 24 hours left here in the good old MTC. Que Triste! My companion just left me to head to Chile. I love Hermana Lone!!! This is getting real. This letter will probably be very short so sorry about that! This week has been amazing though and I have grown so much. Probably the best week here.
 
Well first off we got to host this week. This just means that when the new missionaries are dropped off we meet them at the curb and help them get all the things and get to their classes. It was cute seeing all the families saying goodbye but at the same time it was so sad seeing people crying. I kept remembering when I was dropped off and how in shock and scared I must have looked.
 
Every week as the districts leave, on Sunday night our entire zone gets together and they sing "God be with you til be meet again" (In Spanish of course) to each other. But we sing it really happy and try to make it not a sad moment. Luckily I didn't start crying but cute Hermana Lone did. Having it be us that was getting sang to was so strange. I'm actually leaving, 24 hours from now I will be in Seattle. WOW!
 
So the last exciting thing that happened was in Sacrament Meeting yesterday. So every Sunday one Elder and one Sister give talks in sacrament meeting just a little short 5 minute one. In Spanish. But they don't tell you who is going to be speaking until they announce it during church. It's how they get everyone to always prepare talks. Well just guess who was called on the week? Yep, me! But the scary thing was that day President Lon B Nally, President of the entire MTC, was in our little zones sacrament meeting. Well I gave my talk about the Holy Ghost in Spanish and it went well. Yay! Heavenly Father definitely helped me out during it.
 
Well that's all about all for this week. I can't believe I'm going to be in the field doing real missionary work. This week I am focusing my life on being more focused on what I can do to help those around me. I want to put others first always and I invite you all to do the same. Look for chances to help people around you. Even little things.
 
-Hermana Pier
 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment